To qualify for Central Heating Grants, either you or someone living permanently with you, must receive one of the following State Benefits, Tax Credits or Other Allowances. Alternatively, you may qualify under ECO Flex Rules (please see below):
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Attendance Allowance
- Carer’s Allowance
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Child Benefit (subject to maximum household income thresholds)
- War Pensions Mobility Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
ECO Flex Rules (sometimes called LA Flex Central Heating Grants) allow local councils to recommend that a householder qualifies for a grant even if they don’t receive one of the qualifying benefits.
This may because,although you don’t receive one of the benefits above, you do pay a relatively high amount of your household income heating your home.
Each local authority is allowed to set its own rules for ECO Flex Central Heating Grants.
Currently we only cover Liverpool, Leicester, Nottingham, Newcastle-upon-Tyne and Dudley for ECO Flex Central Heating Grants.